Financial Reporting Manager - Officer
Who we are looking for
An experienced manager responsible for the daily management of the Regulated Funds Financial Reporting Team. This typically involves the planning and allocation of workloads, supervision of progress and review of Financial Statement drafts and supporting documentation, or oversight of outsourced functions from Poland Financial Reporting Team and working with clients, Fund Accounting/ Client Delivery Management, Auditors, COE’s and the other stakeholders to ensure financial reports are completed accurately and to timetable. Management of Client commitments (BAU, transformation, other) ensuring high standards maintained and customer focus to deliver client service excellence.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting Manager - Officer you will
- Lead, direct and manage workflow/operations of the financial reporting teams assigned to you within the department.
- Ensure resources are managed effectively across the wider team
- Perform effective and comprehensive oversight of all outsourced service providers including performance to agreed SLA and measures
- Perform senior manager review on audited annual and unaudited interim accounts for your clients
- Promote and drive continuous improvement to ensure that the department is operating efficiently whilst reducing risk exposure to enhance quality and customer experience.
- Lead the successful implementation of departmental and company initiatives to meet performance targets and objectives, both operational and project based.
- Identify operational risks ensuring appropriate controls are implemented, followed and evidenced.
- Ensure self and team comply with all corporate policies and procedures, completing all mandatory training to assigned deadline.
- Maintain and develop technical expertise, as departmental SME and representative on internal and client driven initiatives.
- Promote effective communication and support continuous development for self and team through feedback and active engagement in periodic performance discussions,
- Deputise for your manager and perform other duties as required from time to time
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ownership and Initiative
- Client service excellence through ensuring high quality standards maintained.
- Highly motivated, can inspire team
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Effective communicator who can articulate complex issues at all levels.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A professional accountancy qualification or qualified by experience.
- Achieved or studying towards obtaining IOC exams
- At least 4 to 6 years previous experience of financial reporting for unit trusts, OEIC’s or other collective investment schemes including previous staff management experience.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Good understanding of fund administration.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.