Manager, Corporate Audit - Midlands
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified Accountant, Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in corporates.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To prepare statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client’s management accounts.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review Partners / Directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable.
Behaviours & attributes:
Organised, qualified ACA/ACCA, experience of a wide range of businesses, approachable, mentoring skills, team ethos.
Working with clients
Companies and Groups up to £100m revenue including international businesses and listed companies.
You will develop a practical awareness of the clients’ operations and will make sure that the day-to-day delivery of the work runs smoothly and will escalate any issues, if needs be.
Client care & adding value
You ensure all client requests are dealt with promptly and that any issues are raised quickly and dealt with efficiently and effectively. You take ownership to resolve problems quickly in a proactive and friendly manner.
Engaging with the big picture
Demonstrate our core values in everything you do - attention to quality, professionalism, integrity, approachability and relationships. Seek opportunities to grow and develop your own networks with colleagues in other teams as well as seeking an understanding of the bigger picture beyond your own team or area of responsibility.
Working with people:
Motivating & developing people
Coach those you are supervising towards maximum contribution and job satisfaction. Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the team. Support their "on the job" learning through actively encouraging involvement and discussion on tasks, challenges and decision making, where appropriate.
Leading & Managing people
Getting the best from others through effective communication, engaging with the team, leading by example and demonstrating a confident, "can do' attitude.
Communicating with impact
You are able to adjust your behaviour, style, approach and means of communication towards another person to gain their commitment or agreement to a course of action. Present a clear argument, avoiding excessive use of jargon.
Delivering as a Team
You will work with and lead others to achieve a common goals, motivating others, resolving any disputes and adapting your communication style to meet the needs of the group and situation.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 28 June 2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.