Consultant, Business Process Analyst Alternatives - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Due to continuous growth in the Alternatives business in Limerick, there is an opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable applicant to join the Alternatives Business Process Analyst (BPA) team at Consultant level. The role involves development and support of the Alternatives accounting systems and their ancillary applications.
This is an opportunity to help shape and implement the strategic digital transformation agenda for the division, including the drive toward agile working practices, open systems structures, and engaging customer experience.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Analyse operational procedures and processes, and work with the operations teams to identify high risk or resource heavy processes and deliver tangible solutions to improve productivity and efficiency/remove risk.
- Elicit and document functional requirements, oversee the development of new functionality, reporting and processes. Perform user acceptance testing & support implementation and rollout
- Provide support for new business take-on as well as growth within the existing client base.
- Provide 2nd level Production Support for Alternatives fund accounting and any ancillary applications.
- Employ project management tools and techniques when working on docket or project initiatives
- Interact and liaise with technology team and external vendors to resolve functional & technical queries
- Interact and build working relationships with other Business Units
- Provide various management reports and Operational MIS
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of Yardi Voyager or FIS Private Capital Suite accounting software, including 3-5 years’ experience as either a system user or dedicated business analyst.
- A familiarity with design thinking and agile practices is desirable.
- Accounting experience, particularly within the Alternative Funds Industry, would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong desktop, IT and systems skills required, and a proven ability to liaise and translate between technical and non-technical departments.
- Self-starter with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, as this role requires interaction with multiple teams and partners.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise tasks
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A willingness to learn and be creative within the role
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.