Senior Personal Investment Portfolio Mgr
Manages a full book of major fee revenue producing investment accounts, generally for large and sensitive personal trust relationships and individual investors with wealth profiles between $10 – 200 million. Operates within the framework of our Goals Driven Wealth Management technology for personal wealth clients and the underlying trust document for fiduciary accounts, to develop customized investment programs and select investment strategies designed to achieve specific investor goals. Functions as a senior staff member and technical expert in the peer review and/or investment management process. Assignments involve a high level of client servicing, serving as the sole investment advisor, and being a primary client contact partner.
- Manages investment activities for fee revenue producing accounts, representing the investment oversight on large and sensitive high net worth individuals and families, trust appointments, and court appointed accounts.
- Manages accounts that often require complex decision making or special handling (e.g. nature of relationship, size/type of assets managed, sensitive client issues, fiduciary requirements, understanding tax considerations, multi-generational structures, and coordinating shared authority with outside attorneys/consultants/trustees).
- Develops, recommends, and directs the execution of investment programs designed to achieve investment objectives for accounts or family relationships. Reviews and analyzes investment portfolios to develop the appropriate asset allocation and select underlying investment strategies with an understanding of the clients/beneficiaries preferences.
- Ascertains the purpose or intentions of the trust/agency agreement and the level of investment authority granted to the trustee/agent. Analyzes and plans the overall investment strategy of the trust/agency account(s) with continuous revision of account objectives in the context of client needs.
- Source new business leads and opportunities from your clients, COIs, community engagement and personal network. Performs financial or investment analysis on specific individual assets or portfolios, as needed.
- Maintains extensive and regular contact with personal trust relationship managers, your clients, co-trustees, consultants, the bank’s legal area and outside attorneys to ensure communication of trust/agency requirements and coordinate investment portfolio activity.
- Maintains a current awareness of new investment strategies and instruments through regular contact with the investment research team and other industry professionals, as well as through personal research.
- Functions as senior staff member and/or technical expert on a peer review team providing regular review of portfolio activities, and in the investment management oversight process. Serves on standing investment services committees and on ad hoc unit committees as appropriate.
- Direct participant in the development of new investment business with Wealth Advisory Team, Wealth Strategists and Managing Director by preparing, developing and delivering presentations that include GDWM, investment proposals, market/investment outlooks and discussions on our personal investment services with prospects, COIs and leads.
- Ensures the completion of all training curriculum, compliance reporting and investment trade processing is handled timely, with sense of care and accuracy on your assigned accounts.
- Candidates should have 12 or more years of investment experience, which may include research, in which consistent long term investment performance has met objectives. Knowledge of investment and portfolio management theory, accounting and financial principles, associated investment strategies and instruments, and characteristics of various marketplaces, usually acquired through formal education and work experience, that is required to manage portfolios.
- Knowledge of investment terminology, the laws and regulations governing trust investments and taxation, as well as the bank’s investment policies, procedures and strategies, usually acquired through work experience and formal education, is required to operate within the framework of trust documents.
- Excellent communication, client servicing and business development skills. Proven decision making, sales and negotiating skills are required to guide sensitive or difficult situations or handling objections to resolution.
- In terms of credentials completion of any of the following is highly preferred: MBA and or CFA, CFP, CIMA, CPWA and CAIA. Prior experience as a Personal Investment Portfolio Manager for ultra-high net worth clients is strongly preferred.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.