SRB Finance Transformation Finance SME
Description of business unit
The Finance Division has responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the SRB Finance Transformation team has been established to deliver a multifaceted finance transformation programme, incorporating the delivery of the Single Resolution Board (SRB) Management Information Systems (MIS) and Data requirements. The SRB FT programme is broken down into multiple work streams.
Purpose of the role
A key member of the SRB Finance Transformation Programme, the successful role holder will use their knowledge of Finance, systems and regulatory requirements to ensure all business data, process and control and reconciliation requirements are met to the appropriate regulatory standard. They will drive business input, ensure appropriate review and signoff requirements are met and collaborate closely with relevant stakeholders for support and input as required, as well as on going monitoring of progress, risks and issues ensuring escalation where required.
- Support the critical path work stream lead to deliver requirements, ensuring that the plan delivers to the intended outcomes on time, within budget and to an acceptable quality standard
- Ensure ongoing communications with the overall FT programme and key stakeholders. Assist in the preparation of updates for internal change fora as the need arises.
- Assist in embedding the outcome as a BAU process.
- Prepare and review appropriate documentation accompanying the process as required, and facilitate the transition from the interim solution to the new strategic solution.
- Establish strong collaborative relationships across the Programme and the wider Finance and Group.
What is the opportunity
- An exciting opportunity to become a key member of the SRB Finance Transformation Programme and affect meaningful change as part of a multiyear Programme.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with strong existing practical knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements.
Essential skills & experience
- Knowledge of Finance and the core operating systems from both an accounting and regulatory perspective
- Knowledge of interpreting and applying regulatory reporting requirements.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability lead a range of competing priorities and tight delivery timelines
- Proven ability to create and sustain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven self-starter with strong communication skills and adept at establishing professional creditability at all levels in a dynamic Group structure and sustaining positive relationships with a wider range of stakeholders ability to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Desirable qualifications, skills & experience
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- A good understanding of the Banks core systems
- One Group, one team - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Agile - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.