Senior Derivatives Specialist, Associate 2 (Hybrid)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Senior Derivatives Specialist, Associate 2 will support ETD (Exchange Traded Derivatives) and CCP (cleared swaps margins) operations for EMEA Clients in offshore locations: China and JV India in following areas:
- Service Performance Review
- Due Diligence and New Business On-boarding
- Continuous Improvement
- Risk Management
The individual will perform various daily custody and governance tasks as necessary to support processing routines. In addition to the allocated tasks, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and delivery on the assigned projects.
- Provide oversight and support to the processing teams in offshore locations.
- Use various control resources to monitor performance of the processing teams.
- Act as a resource within the assigned business unit to resolve complex or non-routine processing related questions/issues with a sense of urgency.
- Produce monthly KPIs and other periodic statistics as required.
- Perform tasks related to cash processing.
- Manage assigned projects within agreed deadlines.
- Identify and take ownership of issues. Ensure problem resolution is well-documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execution against pre-determined deadlines.
- Identify operational improvements and drive optimization in accordance with LEAN methodology.
- Assists team with creating, updating and maintaining procedures.
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results.
- Train staff on principles of the process
- Adhere to established operating risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence.
- Ability to apply industry knowledge to help other staff members, support processing teams in offshore locations and collaborate with other internal teams.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What we value:
- Attention to details, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and teamwork; time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Education & preferred qualifications:
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities.
- Advanced PC skills including MS Office applications.
- Business related degree (preferred).
- Knowledge of ETD and OTC products and their lifecycle.
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience in custody, fund accounting, derivatives and/or experience in an financial/analytical environment
- Good command of English.
- Interesting process and project related responsibilities
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Medical package
- International operating environment
- Strong onboarding training program, buddy support.
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.