Core Operations, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
The incumbent will join the Investable Cash department which is responsible for Cash forecasting, Cash Availability and overnight investments amongst several other tasks. The incumbent will collaborate with the team to ensure accurate and timely execution of Cash forecasting, Cash Availability and overnight investments, build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients, analyze and proactively resolve issues. The incumbent will need to identify and participate in process improvement and project related efforts. Additionally, identify and report risk issues, breaches, and suspicious activities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Associate 2 you will:
- Carry out core and complex and custom processing activities and implement ways to standardize when possible in accordance with established procedures
- Resolve complex issues acting with a sense of urgency
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Support the implementation of process improvements
- Subject matter expert for process. Maintain working knowledge of overall process operating model and assists with deployment of operational changes
- Assign work, determine personnel needs, oversee short term deliverables, coordinate workflows
- Deliver training and coaching to all staff
- Ensure team is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines
- Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed
- Provide performance feedback to manager for input into PPR
- Identify all risk issues, breaches and suspicious transactions and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Interact with internal and external clients to provide comprehensive support on a global basis
- Share responsibility with manager for accurate and timely processing for deliverables, for coaching and development of staff and to ensure proper workload balancing
- Develop and maintain procedures
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills (ability to prioritize)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines
- Interact with internal and external clients to provide comprehensive support
Education & preferred qualifications
- Advanced Beginner to Proficient with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Computer proficient including working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g. Excel Word, etc.)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, live and grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, diversity and social responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.