You will work with the tax team to provide tax compliance services to a mixed portfolio of corporate and individual clients and be responsible to prepare corporate and individual tax computations and returns and liaising with the clients.
You will liaise with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (“IRAS”) and the client on tax matters, attending to queries issued by the IRAS, handling withholding tax returns, applications for Certificate of Residence, and other matters in relation to tax.
- Managing the Singapore tax compliance cycle for a portfolio of clients ensuring the smooth running of day to day relationships with clients and consistent delivery of client reporting/information accurately and on time
- Ensuring that support is provided to your manager to complete the tax compliance for the clients and be proactive in defining areas needing attention or support
- Know specifics of designated clients including understanding their structure and any agreements they have in place that will affect their tax compliance matters.
- Minimize risk to IQEQ by ensuring all procedures and checklists are followed
- Prepare detailed working papers and submit accurate tax computations and returns on behalf of clients
- Assist in drafting replies to clients including answering queries from IRAS
- Closely monitor clients’ tax deadlines including tax payment/refund status
- Raise any queries/issues to the immediate manager in a timely manner
- Complete the compliance work on the designated client portfolio and assist with the compliance work for other colleagues within the team as required
- Ensure the client database and all other reports are up to date and accurate
- Deliver timely quality service to the client to ensure all requests for designated clients are met, ensuring any client queries are responded to asap or within 2 days.
Management of Workflow:
- Ensure work is prepared based on the standard set by the Singapore office.
Fee / Time Management:
- Ensure that electronic time sheets are completed daily, and accurately for all hours worked and fees/invoices are raised on a timely basis.
- Understand and use best practices on myTax Portal
- Understand and use best practices on the software used by the Singapore office (e.g. MS Office, Bluebeam / Adobe, 5 series, etc)
- Ensure relevant procedures and checklists are adhered to minimize the risk of errors
- Undertake any additional reasonable requests as deemed by the firm
- 2+ years of relevant experience, at least 1 year of which is an experience in Singapore tax
- Good knowledge of the Singapore Income Tax Act
- Experience in managing service operations, managing multiple clients, and client deliverables
- Ability to understand and read Financial Statements with notes
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a particular focus on MS Excel
- ‘Can do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines, working under pressure
Nice to have:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Strong analytical and communication skills
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.