Private Business & Private Client Senior Associate
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Our Private Business and Private Client team are looking to add to their teams in London (Embankment Place), Cambridge, Southampton Reading and Watford. They specialise in advising privately owned companies and wealthy individuals, families and their businesses on managing their personal and company tax affairs in the UK and abroad. Typically work in this area will focus on the issues affecting the owners of a business (individuals, PE houses), as well as the general corporate aspects. Collaboration with other areas of the business enables us to work holistically with clients to find solutions to achieve their plans.Our curious minds and collaborative spirit enables us to work together, helping clients navigate the ever changing tax landscape. As part of the team you’ll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service.
We are looking to recruit individual(s) at Senior Associate level preferably with experience of Advising privately or family owned businesses, private equity portfolio companies, family office and business owners.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Developing effective working relationships with both our interesting clients (including many well-known brands) and internal stakeholders, collaborating with other teams across the firm when delivering projects.
- Maintaining relevant tax knowledge, staying current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation.
- Advising clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues.
- Supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to juniors within the team while keeping more senior stakeholders updated on progress.
- Opportunities to work directly with a broad range of experienced Private Business and Private client Directors and Managers, locally, nationally and across the PwC Network
- We provide personal and business tax services to individuals, families with an international footprint as well as their trusts within a broad range of industry areas. This includes a broad range of complex cross-border tax consulting including the changes to non-domicile rules, trust and estate planning, partnerships, investment management, international relocation as well as general income tax and capital gains tax planning and tax compliance services. .
- Being part of a growing team, helping to identify and develop new opportunities, including involvement in developing new client relationships.
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate(s) will possess initiative, enthusiasm and the ability to work with and
contribute to a growing team, possessing the personal skills to form strong, trusted relationships
with our clients and contacts in the market. The successful candidate(s) will have the following
skills and experience:
- Relevant and up-to-date UK tax knowledge - experience of tax issues facing privately or family owned businesses, private equity portfolio companies and business owners
- You will be expected to deepen and drive the technical understanding of a particular area of private client or private business taxation such as trusts, succession or corporate planning for example and build your reputation as a subject matter specialist.
- Good project management skills - able to assist in the management of several complex client projects and plan their own workload.
- Good communication skills - the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on some of the client relationships in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and PwC staff.
- Excellent written communication - including report writing, technical memo drafting and concise advice for clients.
- Efficient use of technology - in managing client relationships, carrying out analysis and producing deliverables.
- ACA and/or CTA qualified with some post qualification experience.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.