Core Assurance Manager
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a Manager, you will leverage your project and relationship management to support the management with a sizeable portfolio of clients. In addition, you will also support the operational aspects of engagement management, such as engagement finances, resource management, and elements of risk management.
You will act as a mentor to the junior staff, managing and coaching them, thereby playing a key role in the development of the team. You will be instrumental in building strong relationships with engagement team and clients, identifying areas where GDS Assurance can improve quality, and increase the scope of work. The opportunity to become a manager and/or a senior manager is dependent on the business requirements of the service line and their performance.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with key engagement team contacts, i.e., engagement managers and project managers
• Develop an understanding of EY's Risk Management procedures, and ensure that these are embedded in the team's work
• Work closely with engagement managers to transition new engagements and services to GDS Assurance while maintaining the quality of service
• Proactively discuss workflow management with the engagement teams, allocating resources to the engagement and monitoring performance against standards
• Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and engagement teams
• Establish expectations with respect to value to be delivered to the engagement teams and ultimately to the clients
• Identify opportunities to standardize and optimize Assurance processes across a portfolio of clients
• Contribute to people development by encouraging individuals to actively contribute to the team
• Lead by example and delegate work successfully
• Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and training
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
• Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the team's skills
• Lead a team of Assistant Managers, Seniors and Associates and make sure the team delivers high-quality work on time and within the budget and as per EY methodology
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Qualified CA with 4.5-10 years of post qualification experience or ACCA/CPA with 7-11 years of overall experience
• Knowledge of Indian and International accounting and auditing standards (IFRS or UK GAAP)
• Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
• Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ability to build a positive work culture and live up to the EY values
• Ability to quickly form strong working relationships with colleagues within and outside India
• Financial Services industry experience is an added advantage
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.