Vice President, Real Estate Fund Accounting
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With over $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Fund & SPV Administration is Citco’s core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry’s most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Real Assets Fund Accounting team / Client Services team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund & SPV structures that our clients can depend upon.
- You will be responsible for SPV & Fund accounting and client services for your jurisdiction for the Real Estate / Real Assets line of business.
- You will part of the local daily management team of your jurisdiction.
- You will be actively participating in private real estate organizations, provide real estate industry knowledge and expertise to clients.
- You will work closely with Business Development, Executive Relationship Managers and Senior Management teams on marketing pitches and other client presentations.
- You will work closely with our Center of Excellence (“CoE”) and Operations for overall process improvement and enhancement including being the local CoE liaison.
- You will be responsible for developing client service plans including; periodic client meetings, assessing client SPV and fund servicing needs, selecting the technology solutions best suited for the services, and where appropriate, negotiating contracts and fees.
- You will ensure services are delivered in accordance with KPIs and service level agreements, fund PPMs, authoritative accounting guidance and regulatory requirements, including monitoring the timing and quality of client deliverables, approve ad hoc client requests.
- You will assist with the development of on-boarding and transition plans for new client integration for your location as well as across wider Europe.
- You will coordinate and oversee training and development of our staff for Operations, (both local as abroad) including in our Center of Excellence locations.
- You will maintain revenue levels and or pursue new revenue opportunities in close cooperation with the Executive Relationship Managers and Client Fund Leads and follow up on outstanding receivables.
- You will participate in Risk and Quality assurance programs specific to our Real Assets offering.
- You will contribute to SOC 1 design, implementation programs and ongoing audits.
- You will coordinate with Integration, Legal, Compliance, Payments, Regulatory, Financial Reporting and Tax group functions and other key services to ensure client satisfaction with Citco.
- You will act as local point of escalation for Executive Relation Managers, clients, asset managers and property managers.
- You will be requested to be appointment as director on Client SPV board of directors.
- You will act as the local SME for the global Real Assets platform and act as liaison partner for our Centers of Excellence.
- You will assist with client audits, review of local statutory financial statements, provide guidance on complex transactions and overall local client requests.
- You will act as local representative and liaison for the European senior management team.
- You have a degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline with 10+ years of SPV and fund accounting experience with at least 5 to 10 years in real estate investment accounting. (CPA, MBA or advanced degree preferred).
- You can demonstrate skills in disseminating partnership agreements and fund documents, experience with fee structures including promotes and incentive fees, and proficiency with producing SPV and Fund NAV packages, performance returns and financial reports.
- You are experienced in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements.
- You have a knowledge of Local GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP - experience with INREV is considered an advantage.
- You are motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines.
- You are a team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities.
- You have sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- You have experience with corporate law and overall company secretarial services.
- You have experience with managing client relationships with 5+ years of experience.
- You have strong knowledge of real estate fund structures, fund types, and asset operations, familiarity with investment accounting rules and standards, and a keen understanding of applicable tax reporting and regulatory requirements within Europe.
- You are familiar with Yardi and Investran + MRI or other real estate software packages, Yardi is preferred.
- You are able to review contracts and have an understanding of business planning, budgeting, and managing P&L.
- You have experience in developing, implementing, optimizing business processes in the real estate investments fund and SPV space including review of existing operational processes.
- You have strong management skills and experience overseeing a group of investment accountants and clients.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have good computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
- You have a commercial skillset to build out existing client relationships but also penetrate new clients and markets.
Your well being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.