Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Operations Business Management team is focused on Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis. The primary function of the team is to provide Management Reporting to Operations Senior Leadership, manage Budget, Forecasting, Headcount Management and Financial Projections for Global Operations and partner with Financial Control Group to oversee expense management.
- Understanding of financial and resource management in order to provide guidance and best practices to the team.
- Provide effective senior stakeholder engagement to influence and drive change.
- Drive the execution and delivery of workforce strategy including but not limited to, managing hiring plans, location strategy, resource tracking and reporting and contingent lifecycle management.
- All aspects of business management including tracking strategic deliverables and providing insightful analysis to enable senior management decisions.
- Annual budgeting and forecasting process, including the development of variance analysis, and reviews in adherence to expense targets and goals.
- Provide timely explanation of variances between actual results and forecasts/budget and reporting to senior management. Work with Operations managers to prepare silo budgets, meeting individual team targets.
- Providing ad-hoc support of Management Reporting, Financial Reporting and Analysis.
- Identify areas of risk, apply controls and put forward ideas for risk mitigation.
- Analytical ability to use data to drive strategic recommendations.
- Resourceful at planning and prioritizing workflow to manage timelines. Summarize conclusions from financial analysis on a pro-active basis and provide key take-aways.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and monthly business reviews.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.Qualifications
- Experience in Business Management, Finance or MIS Reporting function
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well organized with high regard for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong client/customer service orientation.
- Expert in multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing is critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Minimum Bachelor or master’s degree
- Basic Knowledge of Excel Macros (VBA) & Access Database will be an added advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.