Applications for Veteran Hiring
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
About Role: (Not limited to & may vary from business to business)
- Candidate will be part of middle and back office banking operations supporting the NT global entities serving our clients through a variety of resources and applications.
- Hired partners will work within our Corporate & Institutional Services / Global Securities Services businesses / other business groups.
- Hired partner in this role will perform accounting / valuation / financial reporting / business transversal activities, in the custodian banking domain.
- The partner will collaborate with colleagues in our international locations (for example: UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Switzerland and United States) to prepare reports in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
Desired / Preferred Candidate Criteria
- Sound working knowledge of computers with special emphasis on MS Office tools is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team with collegial environment
- Knowledge of accounting and financial services / mutual fund industry would be an added advantage
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Good analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Ability to systematically assess and challenge existing processes
- Fair to good command over the English language
- Willingness to work in shifts and extended hours – our shifts straddle Asia, Europe and the US
- Ability to evaluate priority and multi-task with minimal supervision