We are looking for a new Financial Accountant to join our team!
The role will be incredibly varied, from taking ownership of the month end close (and associated reporting) from start to finish, to assisting with several different projects and helping to drive operational excellence. This individual will demonstrate strong technical knowledge and be adaptable and proactive in their work approach to assist with the wider projects and deliverables of the team.
The UK and Ireland Finance team is going through an exciting period of change and transformation. As a team we operate cross jurisdictionally looking after several different entities, across the fund services, corporate services and compliance services which we offer in the IQ-EQ Group. A number of these entities are regulated in their respective jurisdictions. This role will be part of our Manila Finance team, who support the UK&I Cluster, and others, in the global IQ-EQ Group.
Day to day
As a financial accountant, you will play a key part in ensuring that our monthly and other reporting deadlines are met. This will involve completing the detailed month end postings, balance sheet recs, bank recs and so forth. This individual would be expected to be the main contact for the year end audit process, alongside assisting with the other reporting requirements which we have.
- Preparation and control of monthly management information
- Review of work performed by the Manila finance team
- Preparation of annual financial statements and management of the year end audit process
- Assisting with the preparation of regulatory returns
- Preparation of VAT, Corporate Tax and any other relevant regulatory returns;
- Assisting the Finance team with integrations of new acquisitions
- Driving process improvement and efficiencies across all of the finance activities
- Liaising with various stakeholders both internally and externally
- Assisting and taking the lead of various projects work as and when required.
- Assisting the head of finance with training and development of the Manila finance team.
- Recently Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or Equivalent)
- Strong grasp and understanding of financial controls and best practice
- Experience in external audit would be preferred
- Capable of working to meet tight deadline deliverables, and able to be flexible to prioritise multiple tasks and deliverables at one time
- Strong Excel skills, with financial modelling experience being a plus
- Ability to summarise findings and conclusions in a succinct and professional manner, tailored to senior management and board level audience
- Ability to work independently and also as part of the wider team
- Supervisory experience isn’t essential but would be desirable.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.