Global Corporate Control Liquidity VP/ED
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) contributes to Finance's success as a guardian of the Firm's regulatory reporting for internal and external purposes. GCC is responsible for reporting of capital, liquidity and funding to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to support internal analyses of liquidity and capital reporting to ensure that the Firm's resources are allocated in an optimal manner.
- Responsible to the GCC lead & German CFO for oversight of deployed production activity, local controls, signoff and submission of all regulatory liquidity reporting.
- Oversight of a small team responsible for all German liquidity reporting and the associated control framework to ensure that reporting is materially accurate. Including implementing and refining existing review framework to ensure compliance with German liquidity regulation.
- Work closely with Corporate Treasury to address internal management and business unit queries relating to liquidity reporting for the German legal entities.
- Responsible for leading the response to any ad-hoc internal analysis or regulatory queries relating to liquidity reporting for the German entities.
- Responsible for identifying and leading development for any local German liquidity reporting requirements in conjunction with other internal stakeholders.
- Participating in Firm-wide projects to deliver new reporting as required by European regulators.
- Bachelors degree and relevant professional qualification such as accountancy, MBA or CFA qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of liquidity reporting for a financial services organisation including CRR, Delegated Act Liquidity Coverage Ration and Net Stable Funding Ratio.
- Ability to interpret detailed complex datasets, identify potential solutions and work with stakeholders to implement within agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills to extract required business knowledge communicate to stakeholders across the Firm. Ability to produce high quality presentation materials to support internal discussions up to senior management level.
- General knowledge of financial products e.g. fixed income, equities, derivatives and the associated accounting treatments.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.