Core Operations, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Position consists of managing the day-to-day activities of a team of Market Administrators assigned to a specific group of markets. Monitors projects to ensure completion on a schedule and within budget: faulty decisions or recommendations, or failure to achieve results would typically result in significant expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Associate you will
- Supervise the activities of staff, conducts periodic performance reviews; provides ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation. Participates in the hiring, salary, promotional and termination recommendation process.
- Assists in identifying and analyzing operational risk related to current and potential business.
- Keeps management abreast of any potential issues.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with internal and external operational and client service groups as well as Subcustodians.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to update departmental procedures.
- Participates in a variety of special projects.
- May serve as back up to direct manager.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for the assigned area and apprises staff as necessary.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Receives assignments in task oriented terms and supervises subordinates to complete assignments
- Interacts with others to exchange or present information. Administers group and company policies
- Provides immediate supervision to a group, assigning tasks and checking work at regular intervals. A portion of the time is normally spent performing individual tasks related to the unit
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 or more years of experience
Proficient in Excel and use of macros.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.