Accountancy Opportunities Limerick - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
There has never been a better time to join our team in Ireland. Continued organic success and new client wins, means we are recruiting for part qualified and qualified accountants across various departments including:
- Financial Reporting
- Private Equity
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
Why choose a career in Accounting with Northern Trust (Limerick)?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; we are constantly growing our workforce in Limerick.
- We invest heavily in our people and offer customised, functional training programmes for each accounting function in which one operates to ensure our people are equipped with the appropriate training to get one fully trained on systems/ processes and to know their full potential to avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Northern Trust Ireland.
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work/ home life at present and into the future with Return to Office arrangements.
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for fund clients.
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management.
- Conduct all required bookkeeping tasks.
- Prepare accounts reporting pack.
- Liaising with external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Prepare management accounts.
- Preparation of regulatory return where applicable, including Central Bank returns.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Ensuring other Tax compliance deadlines are met in relation to the Funds under administration.
- The ideal candidate will be a part-qualified accountant/finalist and will have previous experience in a busy accounting environment. Financial reporting, practice or industry background is an advantage.
- An appreciation of accounting principles is essential.
- A track record in demonstrating knowledge of debits and credits.
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, which may have an impact on efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills.
Working with Us:We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay ReviewWork Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance ProgramProfessional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
And FinallyWe hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.