Alpha Data Services, Business Software Analyst, VP
The Enterprise Control Framework monitors events across State Street and CRD platforms, enforces business controls throughout the client data management lifecycle, and ultimately ensures the highest data quality standards are met as part of our Alpha Data Services offering. Several components have been developed within the ECF platform to eliminate manual processing, reduce operational risk and promote transparency into State Street and Alpha operational processes both internally and for our clients.
Alpha Data Services is seeking a versatile, self-motivated individual with strong business systems analysis skills, LEAN experience and data operations experience to partner with business stakeholders and IT colleagues on the expansion of our control framework into our Alpha Data Services managed data services offering. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, demonstrate an ability to liaise between operational, implementation and technology teams, and be able to build consensus on successful project outcomes that not only streamline and provide transparency into daily operational processes but also provide value to the operational teams.
- Actively participate and moderate (as needed) business requirements elaboration, functional design and data service operationalization strategy sessions
- Drive collaboration for creative software solutions and challenge assumptions around current state operational processes to identify new, less obvious solutions
- Build effective working relationships with operational teams, IT product development teams and business partners across the organization
- Conduct interviews, generate user stories, develop scenarios and workflow analyses
- Perform in-depth analysis of the functional capabilities inherent to our existing and emerging data platforms and job monitoring technologies
- Document functional requirements using both Waterfall and Agile approach; providing context for how immediate deliverables will evolve to address long term business goals
- Participate in Agile development team ceremonies as a team member and/or product owner
- Identify opportunities in which a functional component or new technology will not only support but strengthen operational flow
- Provide transparency on platform strategy and project dependencies through roadmaps and regular communication
- Conduct regular demos of new features for the stakeholder community
- Perform some business user acceptance testing
- Maintain catalog and related information for core data validations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology or related field of study
- Minimum 8 years’ experience contributing to development of business requirements on application development projects and user rollout and adoption
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with SQL – preferably tied to enterprise data warehousing or data management projects
- Track record of implementing effective software solutions either through AGILE or other SDLC approaches
- Understanding of BI/reporting tool architecture, functions, and features
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills; capable of influencing courageously at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing and business process analysis
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail and organization – able to independently troubleshoot and gather supporting evidence
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Able to multi-task to meet time-driven goals
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.