Assistant Manager – Indirect Tax Team Lead, ACDC (Petaling Jaya)
Kuala Lumpur is the host to KPMG Delivery Network’s ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (‘’ACDC’’), which offers Indirect tax compliance services in ASPAC. The team is culturally diverse, comprising of many different nationalities, backgrounds and skills. ACDC offers end-to-end compliance support for clients and is powered by advanced technology and automation, robust processes and a highly skilled team of client centric professionals. Be part of this exciting journey within KPMG and expand your Indirect Tax Knowledge across the region, whilst you are being coached and trained by multiple professionals across the firm.
- Team leadership role of a cluster group of professionals (expected 4-9 people) delivering compliance services for specific countries.
- Responsible for the day to day operative management of the people and operation related activities within the cluster group.
- Manage an assigned review portfolio of clients to deliver returns with quality and timeliness.
- Propose and monitors the team’s allocation of work and performance management to deliver accurate and effective indirect tax compliance services.
- Manage the training needs for team members for a specific Cluster of countries to apply training framework of training needs with the latest development in taxation and its issues to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Provide input on promotion decisions.
- Allocate buddies to team members.
- Able to work independently to manage completion of work by Cluster Group.
- Review assigned tax submissions and tax correspondences drafted/prepared by team members.
- Monitor all tasks performed by team member in ensuring the tasks are performed in accordance with instructions and timelines.
- Manage the performance of the team through regular communication, feedback, performance review, and coaching.
- Approval of timesheets, holidays, and work from home requests.
- Provide feedback to Cluster & Centre management about cluster group issues and resourcing needs.
- Participates in interviews for cluster recruitment and provides input on hiring decisions.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Experience managing people delivering work preferred with indirect tax scope.
- At least 3 years of experience in an Indirect Tax related function with strong exposure to VAT
- Strong written and spoken English language knowledge is a must
- Expert knowledge of value added tax (VAT) is required
- Experience in VAT in ASPAC region is an advantage
- Ability to identify potential problems and issues and articulate them clearly to clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in VAT compliance process improvement is an advantage
- Curiosity and passion to find solutions to client’s needs
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.