Indirect Tax Professional Training Scheme 2022-2023 (ADIT)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s Indirect Tax team in our Nicosia/Limassol offices. The team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients in Cyprus and globally. As an Indirect Tax Advisor, you will gain exposure to interesting and complex indirect tax work as part of a fast-growing yet tight knit team as it moves to the next stage of an ambitious growth plan. By joining our growing team, you will be providing tax compliance and advisory services to a broad range of clients.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Work on a broad portfolio of clients providing advice on a range of indirect tax issues.
- Support the team in the delivery of indirect tax advisory projects for various indirect taxes such as VAT, customs, digital-environmental taxes, global trade and excise duties.
- Build and maintain relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations.
- Support the successful deliveryof indirect tax projects, such as the obtention of rulings, support in relation to tax audits and litigation, by ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Assist clients in implementing adequate and efficient VAT processes and compliance framework.
- Follow up on legislative and business changes to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated.
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Participate in client workshops and educational – indirect tax go to market initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to partner effectively with team members.
- A desire to learn and develop into the role.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (ideally in Business/Economics/Accounting/Law or equivalent, minimum 2:2, 7.5/10) ;
- Fluency in Greek and English written and spoken. Any additional language is an asset;
- Motivation to start a career in Indirect Tax in an international environment;
- Relevant professional experience in indirect taxes is an asset.
What we look for
Most of all, it is the attitude that matters! We are keen to grow our team with like-minded professionals, real team players with a focus on quality and on delivering the best service to our clients.
What working at EY offers:
EY offers an attractive remuneration package for rewarding both personal and team performance. We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
In addition, but not limited to our benefits include:
- Fully Sponsored Professional Qualifications
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- EY Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (counseling, legal and financial consultation services).
- EY Tech MBA and EY Masters in Business Analysis
- EY Badges - digital credentials
- Mobility programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Maternity, Wedding and New Baby Gifts
- Friday afternoon off
- Dress for the Occasion
As a global leader in Assurance, Consulting, Strategy and Transactions and Tax, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our goal to be the best employer, a reality.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
All applications will be treated with complete confidentially.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.