OTC Business Analyst, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
Business analyst, Associate 2, experienced in trade processing, with sound knowledge of derivatives, is required to work within the GL Conversion team to perform detailed analysis of client data and conversion requirements.
The BA will interact with operations, IT, project management, clients and other internal and external parties throughout the analysis, planning and conversion process.
The GL Conversion team is tasked with delivering a strategic multi year programme of conversions of swap positions from Trade Post in MCH to General Ledger Post in the Derivatives HUB.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of OTC products and will be expected to:
- Gather data and business/system requirements through user meetings and research.
- Summarize and communicate gathered analysis information.
- Analyze current processes, identify possible roadblocks, collaborate to find solutions and where possible improve processes.
- Update all relevant project documentation and logs as required to ensure accurate data is recorded and shared.
- Participate as required in testing efforts for new developments.
- Communicate with management and the team to ensure all relevant data is shared and understood.
- Action steps required for timely set up of clients/funds in GL and complete any required follow up testing.
- Exercise sound judgement in all matters.
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results.
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally.
- Communicate effectively.
- Work collaboratively.
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivative products and DHUB experience strongly preferred
- Numeracy/literacy skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel
- Supports VP of the department in ensuring that team(s) has the right resources, including staff, IT , financial and oversight functions to operate effectively.
- Ensures that the business operate in compliance with internal and external regulations and that escalation procedures are followed.
- Works as a team in conducting periodic business reviews ensuring associated risks are identified and managed and appropriate remedial action is taken where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains cross-dept and divisional relationships to better facilitate the assignment and resolution of departmental issues.
- Carries out assignments under self-direction and creatively overcomes roadblocks
- Develops or implements needed solutions without waiting for direction or leadership role to be assigned
- Represents department and teams in cross-departmental or cross-divisional meetings.
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Delegates, overviews and carries out daily responsibilities independently.
- Holds self and/or others accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments, deadlines, or milestones.
- Clearly communicates complex operational or technical subjects to internal or external clients, both in formal and informal settings.
- Viewed by subordinates, superiors, and external clients as demonstrating maturity, professional conduct and common courtesy.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.