Assistant Manager - HR & Payroll
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
Discover the role
The Assistant Manager assists the Manager/Senior Manager and Head of Department in daily deliverables and division-wide project to provide excellent service to clients. He/she is also required to manage a team of Assistants / Executives / Senior Executives in the department.
- Manages a portfolio of clients within his/her team;
- Maintains effective relationship with clients and internal/external stakeholders, incl. banks, authorities, etc.;
- Manages daily work with high complexity, including monthly payroll calculations, payroll registers, final payment calculation, data input in payroll system, preparation of employer’s return, preparation of local pension filing, Benefits administration, etc.;
- Reviews deliverables to clients;
- Query management with internal and external- 3rd party stakeholders;
- Assist Senior Manager in preparing proposals for clients;
- Supervises, mentors and coaches Assistants, Executives and Senior Executives;
- Assists Senior Manager/Director to oversee daily operations and to implement internal control procedures;
- Assists Senior Manager/Director to train and coach junior staff;
- Assists Senior Manager/Director to follow up on Debtors list (client invoices);
- Prepares and checks various reports as requested by clients;
- Advises clients on payroll related issues when required;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree Holder in Business, Human Resources, Accountancy or related disciplines is preferred;
- Over 5 years of relevant experience in payroll services, preferably in an outsourcing environment; or have managed large employees’ payroll in a multi-national organization;
- Previous experience in sizeable professional services firm will be an advantage;
- Sound experiences in handling local employment regulations, tax practices, pension and other related issues;
- Supervisory experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications;
- Strong excel skills (e.g. Vlookups, If statements, Pivot tables);
- Preferred experience with payroll software (e.g. Bugyo, Obic-7, Company, SAP, or PeopleSoft);
- Good command in both spoken and written Japanese and English (TOEIC 800 or above) ;
- Professional qualification holder, or ability to secure professional qualifications.
What’s in it for you?
Pathways for career development
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF
- Continuous development is supported through global learning opportunities from the TMF Business Academy
Making an impact
- You’ll be helping us to make the world a simpler place to do business for our clients
- Through our corporate social responsibility programme, you’ll also be making a difference in the communities where we work
A supportive environment
- Strong feedback culture to help build an engaging workplace
- Our inclusive work environment allows you to work from our offices around the world, as well as from home, helping you find the right work-life balance to perform at your best.
Applications close: 3 Aug 2022 Tokyo Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.