Senior School Accountant | Deira International School | Dubai
Deira International School, Festival City is a not for profit Premium 3-18 school and is part of the Al Futtaim Education Foundation portfolio. Founded in 2005, the school is renowned for providing an excellent inclusive and holistic education. DIS has a strong focus on academic progress and achievement. The student body has over 80 different nationalities and this diversity is fundamental to the community nature of the school. Exceptional facilities provide wonderful opportunities for an holistic approach to education; sport, performing arts, academic, technological, leadership and creative pathways are all on offer, ensuring our students enjoy enriching and varied school experiences within our classrooms and beyond. Although non-selective at admission, our students achieve exceptional exam results which compare to top UK schools. This success enables our students to move on to the very top universities around the world.
The curriculum is based upon the English National Curriculum covering a diverse range of subjects. Our personalised, play-based and continuous provision in the Early Years ensures that students are rigorously assessed against the prime and specific areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. This focuses on developing key learning skills and the foundations for accessing the Primary Curriculum. In primary, students receive an enriching and broad curriculum offer, which includes the delivery of several non-core subjects. Our senior students take the IGCSE examinations in Year 11 and move into the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or International Baccalaureate Career-Related Programme (IBCP) in Years 12 and 13. Deira International School is an inclusive school and successful applicants will have the opportunity to teach a diverse student body of culture, language, special need and highly able students.
Al Futtaim Education Foundation (AFEF) owns and provides governance to Deira International School. AFEF aims to realise its vision of taking education in the UAE to the next level of future readiness and of preparing students for an increasingly globalised and technologically advanced world. Al Futtaim Education Foundation is an initiative of the Al Futtaim family to support the vision of the Government of Dubai and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) for the creation of a globally competitive economy while maximising its social contribution to the community through this not-for-profit endeavour.
Senior School Accountant | Deira International School| Dubai
About the role
To analyse, evaluate and report on financial matters for the school and advice to improve on the financial health
- Accounts payable: Timely accounts Payable & Vendor Payments including utility payments DEWA, etc. and Inter Company Invoices (by 25th of every month) and co-coordinating with AP / corporate teams, sending documents, accurate maintenance of document management system and flagging invoices not booked beyond 7 days to line manager
- Revenue reconciliation sheet monthly and communication to corporate by 27th of the month.
- Bank statement monitoring including online Etisalat links.
- Accurate records and maintenance of petty cash with weekly cash register
- Parent follow up and helping cashier in case of heavy parent load
- Support in EoSB, day to day account activities.
- Any other specific activity assigned by line manager having regard to nature of work and requirements of business.
Minimum two qualifications.
- Qualified a as CA – Inter (Chartered accountant intermediate)
- At least 2 years school accountant role experience.
If you meet these criteria we would very much welcome your application.
Deira International School, Festival City is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. A UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.