Tweet Senior Manager, Assurance Professional Standards - Professional Development
Calgary, AB T2P0L4, CAN
Toronto, ON M5H2G4, CAN
Mississauga, ON L5B3C2, CAN
Edmonton, AB T5J3G1, CAN
Vancouver, BC V6E0C3, CAN
Saskatoon, SK S7K5X2, CAN
Winnipeg, MB R3C0T8, CAN
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance Professional Standards – Professional Development team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals provides best-in-class industry and technical expertise to internally drive the success of our Assurance and Accounting practice. As a trusted advisor, you’ll design training programs and materials that empower team members to deliver industry-leading Assurance and Accounting services.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in assurance and accounting through client interactions and the creation of high-quality learning and training deliverables
- Play an integral role in driving firm quality initiatives and support the development and maintenance of the firm’s accounting and auditing protocols
- Establish engagement policies, guidelines and procedures, tools, and the on-going development of MNP’s extensive in-house education programs
- Combine formal and creative writing to develop, maintain and facilitate accounting and assurance training initiatives
- Work with members of the Assurance Professional Standards Group to provide advice and practical solutions on complex accounting and assurance issues
- Collaborate with MNP’s Learning & Development team, and project teams across Canada to improve learning outcomes
- Transfer knowledge attained through conferences and training sessions directly to team members, and in the development of tools and materials to be used in firm training
- Work alongside managers and partners to address assurance and accounting standards issues and promote the importance of quality control in all client engagements
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant public accounting experience
- Experience developing or facilitating assurance and accounting learning is considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with CAS, ASPE and IFRS
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), Accounting Standards for Not-For Profit Organizations (ASNPO), US GAAP and/or US auditing and assurance standards is considered an asset
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven technical writing and project management skills
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.