Senior Financial Accountant - Subsidiary Reporting
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
RBS and Bankwest Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit. We provide financial governance, performance reporting, business partnering, analysis, insight and advice to the Retail Banking Services division of Commbank to drive business performance and optimise operational and strategic decision making.
The Subsidiary Reporting team is responsible for the delivery of quality and timely financial operations and reporting services for a portfolio of RBS aligned subsidiaries, including the preparation of monthly results and reconciliations, periodic board and other management reports, and financial statements for submission to ASIC.
The major work function of this role is the delivery of timely and accurate financial information for a number of the RBS aligned subsidiaries.
Do work that matters
- Support the delivery of results, board papers, AFSL monitoring, income tax and BAS returns, financial statements and statutory reports for the relevant subsidiaries to ASIC, ATO and other authorities and to BU Finance teams.
- Support the delivery of month end processing, reconciliations and half and full year group consolidation packs for the CBA annual report.
- Support the delivery of any operational processes specific to the portfolio of subsidiaries.
- Contribute to a diverse range of projects encompassing productivity/process improvements, legal entity structures, system changes and other ad hoc project initiatives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients in business units, Finance Services and with service providers.
- Providing superior service aligned with the needs and business objectives of the organisation.
- Take a proactive role within the team for driving positive cultural change, contributing positively to a work environment that encourages and attracts high performing talent.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Completed CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Banking or Financial Services sector experience preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of the financial reporting framework and strong technical accounting skills.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and critical thinking skills
- Strong team work capabilities / management of group tasks
- Ability to work independently, influence and work with stakeholders.
- Sound commercial acumen and professional judgement.
Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 18/07/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.