Financial Accountant Lead
The Financial Accountant Lead will be responsible for bookkeeping to the preparation of Trial Balance, Management accounts, VAT, Payroll, and year-end financial statements. Ideally, the successful candidate will be part qualified/qualified ACCA/CIMA/ICMA and be able to demonstrate good experience in accounts preparation.
Report to Partners/Directors
Responsibilities will include:
- Year-end accounts preparation, including preparing the financial statements and associated disclosures, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with UK GAAP requirements.
- Preparing necessary journals and other accounting entries for the year-end accounts.
- Interrogation of General Ledger (GL) to ensure the integrity of the accounts, including highlighting issues and dealing with them appropriately.
- Ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, including ensuring the timely completion of all transactions.
- Reconciliation and review of key balance sheet items and GL accounts.
- Complete the bookkeeping and prepare the VAT returns and Management, VAT returns, monthly management report, etc.
- Prepare the payroll, PAYE, and pension auto-enrolment and submission to HMRC.
- Prepare and submit the corporation tax returns, self-assessment tax returns, and partnership tax returns.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and recommending solutions, including following through to ensure that recommended solutions are fully and properly implemented.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfill any development or training requirements.
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate.
- Have excellent communication skills and can work under pressure.
- Provide training to other team members when needed.
- An ACCA/CIMA/ICMA qualified/Part qualified outsourcing Accountant to deal with our UK-based clients.
- An analytical mind Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
- Be able to work on cloud-based software e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, SAGE, TaxCalc, MS Office, and Taxfiler.
- Have previous work experience with UK clients and should be able to demonstrate the UK tax and companies’ laws knowledge.
- Team play and demonstrate leadership skills
Delivery of high-quality financial statements and overall service to clients
Deadlines are met Budgets achieved Adherence to the firm’s procedures
Flexibility towards hours of work and tasks performed including assisting other staff e.g. dealing with urgent tasks at short notice when required
To keep confidential any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff and clients
Portray the Firm in a professional manner through appearance, conduct and attitude