Credit Risk Officer Commercial Mortgage Warehousing
Do you have experience underwriting credit risks of financial intermediaries such as commercial mortgage REITs, hedge funds, or commercial real estate funds?
Are you familiar with the financing of commercial real estate? Do you know how to assess commercial mortgage warehouse credit facilities?
We're looking for a Credit Risk Officer to:
• identify and control risks for the Commercial Mortgage Warehouse business.
• determine the creditworthiness of borrowers under the warehouse facilities.
• ascertain that transactions are in line with our firm's risk appetite including assigning credit risk ratings to each transaction
• assess the quality and suitability of each collateral asset to be financed (i.e. commercial mortgage).
• review transaction documentation so that risks are identified and appropriately covered
• make sure credit risk underwriting frameworks are fit for purpose throughout the diligence process
• write credit recommendation memos for management
• monitor credit exposure and trends in risk profile
• manage the diligence and approval process with the front office and other control functions
You'll be working in our Credit Risk team. Our team is primarily based in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are responsible for analyzing, reviewing, and approving credit requests within our credit product set.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
•ideally 3+years of experience in credit risk analysis, focusing on commercial real estate within a top tier banking institution or a rating agency
•Independently underwrite various CRE property types including multifamily, retail, office, industrial and lodging assets
•proficiency in basic accounting concepts (like cash flow modelling)
•strong analytical skills with good attention to detail
•confident communicator and collaborator
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.