Sales Support Assistant, Structured Finance
The role is responsible for direct support of the Structured Finance Team specializing in vanilla and Exotic interest rate derivative products. The role would require the individual meet all requirements to become an associated person (AP) in the capacity of the Bank’s Swap Dealer related activities.
- Diligently onboarding swap clients mainly from Northern’s Wealth Management business. Onboarding includes, but is not limited to, completion of ISDA Master and ISDA Schedule, determining and confirming the client is an eligible counterparty and confirming KYC and credit review has been completed.
- Engaging in transition efforts to convert the existing swap portfolio to alternative reference rates to adhere with a post-LIBOR environment.
- Booking, confirming and facilitating post trade communication efforts to fully execute interest rate swaps.
- Responding to and managing swap related inquiries, including but not limited to providing current valuations and swap interest market rates.
- Proactively identifying and escalating issues identified, as well as developing and implementing remediation efforts.
- Maintaining procedure manuals that reflect current processes and controls, and demonstrate adherence with regulatory requirements.
- Responding to requests from Audit and other internal and external review teams.
- Coordinating regulatory communications and internal monthly reporting requirements.
- Completing user-acceptance testing for system upgrades/enhancements.
- Acting as liaison between Front Office, Back Office, Compliance and IT teams.
- Other Ad-hoc projects and initiatives, the nature of which could vary.
- Bachelors in Finance or Economics or related work experience.
- Previous experience with securities, derivatives or related market driven activities preferred.
- 2 - 4 years financial services experience, direct client contact or relationship management skills a plus.
- Action-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working independently and under pressure, managing competing deliverables within tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail, taking accountability for the accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Flexible in a dynamic work environment remaining adaptable towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads; Professionalism to react quickly and positively.
- Ability to implement enhancements that will move the department forward while proactively driving continuous improvement efforts by challenging the status quo.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with ability to tailor messaging across functions, clients, and different levels of partners.
- Advanced MS Excel and other Microsoft applications skills.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member,Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company,Black EOE Journal,Hispanic Network Magazine,Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.