Head of Middle East Sales, Northern Trust Asset Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
About Northern Trust Asset Management
Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) is a global Investment Manager with $1.1Trillion Assets Under Management, is a top 20 global asset manager, top 10 largest factor investor globally and the 12th largest ETF provider.We believe investing ultimately serves a greater purpose and should be done intentionally and efficiently …
- by people who are passionate, astute and tenacious problem solvers
- with the understanding that all investing involves risk and
- is best accomplished by using an empirically based process.
At Northern Trust Asset Management, we understand that investing ultimately serves a greater purpose. That is why our philosophy is rooted in the fundamental belief that investors should get compensated for the risks they take – in all market environments and in any investment strategy.
At the heart of our philosophy is how we think about, view and analyze risk. As risk-aware investors, we take risk intentionally, to achieve investors’ desired outcomes and minimize unintended consequences.
The Asset Management Division of Northern Trust is global leader in multi-asset class solutions with expertise in index, active, quantitative, Liquidity and cash& liquidity capabilities. As well as strong knowledge of sustainable trends and strategies.
We are currently seeking a Head of Middle East Sales, based in Abu Dhabi, reporting to Head of Europe and ME Sales. The individual will be responsible for setting and executing the sales strategy in defined strategic priorities locally, our aim is to grow our footprint in specific areas like Quant and Alternatives with target client audience.
This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who is looking for a challenging role within an innovative and open-minded team looking to make a difference in the region. Additionally this role will provide an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to make an impact in the Asset Management business.
- Grow our footprint in the region while focussing on our strategic priorities
- Work in an integrated approach with other sales teams (Liquidity, Alts and ETFs)
- Develop business plan, pipeline, manage pipeline, metrics and progress of results
- Work closely with Relationship Management and Account Management teams to make sure the clients servicing expectations are exceeded at all times
- Define sales strategy per country and or client type
- Be part of the team as well, in contributing personally to the Sales goal.
- Work closely with Portfolio Management teams globally regarding client feedback, regional trends and strategy demand. Act as the key person representing region
- Support the team with internal business development needs across Northern Trust’s business units – IIG, GFS, HFS and GFO
- Strengthen relationships with ESG and Strategic Product team regarding trends, requirements and business development needs, act as a pivot.
- Maintain, manage and develop metrics and reporting for Head of Europe ME Sales and Management team.
- Assist with the development of Marketing Collateral and Thought leadership
- Attend industry events as part of the role to network and build the Northern Trust Asset Management brand.
- Analyse Client types, industry and market drive themes to identify client acquisition opportunities
- Be a contributing member of a team that thrives on partnership, innovation, and execution; a team player
- Entrepreneurial mindset with spirit to lead by example.
- Expertise in the Middle East, working hybrid from our office in region.
- Knowledge of ESG landscape and trends, having delivered various specific client solutions in region especially in relation to local Values based requirements.
- Expertise working with Quant Active and Alts. Knowledge of Passive, ETFs and Liquidity preferred.
- Awareness and understanding of impact Regulatory and Governance developments in the specific countries (KSA,UAE).
- Ability to travel
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Salesforce
- Strong organisational skills.
- High energy, motivated individual, commitment to excellence, can do mentality.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under time pressures both individually and as a team member.
- Relevant industry qualifications – CFA, MBA
- Enjoy working in a strong team player environment.
Working with Us:We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay ReviewWork Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance ProgramProfessional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.