Principal, Control Officer
As the Technology Control Officer responsible for Wealth Management (WM) & Asset Management (NTAM) Technology, you will play a key role in managing cyber and information technology risk and controls while enabling rapid technology innovation to accelerate the growth of Northern Trust’s asset servicing business. You will be responsible for overseeing the execution of technology risk management processes and compliance to Northern Trust’s risk policies, control standards and global regulatory requirements for WM & NTAM technology. You will serve as a liaison between the WM + NTAM technology, risk and compliance function, and internal audit team to ensure compliance, remediate risk and control issues, and advise on technology control design for the entire WM + NTAM technology portfolio. This includes performing risk assessments, control testing, and using key performance indicators and other data analytics to identify potential weaknesses in our cyber and information technology controls. The role is a key function within Global Information Technology, reporting to the global Technology and Risk Control Officer.
- Support WM & NTAM technology strategy and optimize resources and risk mitigation within WM & NTAM technology practices globally. Serve as a liaison between WM/NTAM technology, risk and compliance function, and Internal Audit team.
- Drive ownership and accountability for cyber and information security controls within WM & NTAM technology group. Monitor and assess effectiveness of control implementation within the first line, through a variety of processes including self-assessments, testing, and monitoring key performance indicators.
- Perform targeted risk assessments to identify new or emerging threats
- Monitor key risk indicators for cyber and information security controls, areas for concern, emerging risks, etc.
- Provide periodic reporting to WM + NTAM Chief Information Officer, the technology leadership team, and key stakeholders.
- Serve as risk/control thought leaderto support key technology projects, including cloud migration, DevOps, data governance, and other key IT delivery supporting WM + NTAM business growth. Where the risk appetite cannot be met, the Control Officers will provide support in elevating the risk acceptance for approval.
- Carry out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues.
Your Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of information security, IT audit and/or IT risk management principles.
- Extensive experiences in risk assessments and control evaluation for key IT processes such as information security, system development and change management, computer operations and data protection.
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills, including experiences in executive management relationship
- Proactive, dynamic leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and analytical/critical thinking acumen
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change, technology forward thinking
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
Your Employment Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience is required.
- 10+ years of IT audit or IT risk management experience. Experiences in Asset Servicing industry or financial services industry preferred
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.With over 130 years of financialexperience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a companythat is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member,Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company,Black EOE Journal,Hispanic Network Magazine,Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us andapply today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.