Derivatives Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Reporting to an Officer, the Senior Associate is responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to derivative servicing, and the timely completion of accurate derivative portfolio valuations and/or reconciliations. They are also responsible for staff daily task management, deliverables and ensuring high quality client service.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication and technical expertise.
This role involves completing/checking derivatives service delivery for a large number of funds across multiple clients and multiple donor site jurisdictions. Strong knowledge of, and exposure to, OTC derivatives and in particular (CFDs & Swaps) is a specific requirement for the role.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives and help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and service delivery deadlines, through the effective utilization of resources with the support of the Officer.
- Ensure that monthly Key Performance Indicator tracking is produced and submitted for final review.
- Review Bank standard operating procedures and controls, and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these as they relate to the team’s funds. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and complaints. Record as appropriate.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalized reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of client service & contracted deliverables to assigned client(s).
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate subject matter experts to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Identify issues and problems with client delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior Ops Manager team and Client Relationship Manager informed of issues.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Develop talent
- Leader / Motivator
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- In-depth knowledge of derivative products and market practices required
- Knowledge of accounting for derivative products
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.