Fund Accounting Supervisor
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
A Fund Accounting Supervisor will facilitate the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations and work closely with the fund accountants under their supervision. Supervision of the cash, position and OTC reconciliation process, including trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the Fund Accounting Supervisor’s role. They will assist in the development of the NAV team, setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor to direct reports. Every Fund Accounting Supervisor will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Manager.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Assist team development by providing guidance, training and mentoring to Fund Accountants, setting their goals and monitoring performance
- Review cash, position and market value reconciliations
- Resolve break items on reconciliations in a timely manner
- Review fund pricing
- Review corporate actions
- Review profit and loss reports for reasonableness
- Review income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals
- Review fund trial balance
- Review profit allocations to fund investors
- Review compliance with HedgeServ defined checklists, procedures and controls
- Converse and liaise with internal services departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues
- Escalate fund accounting issues and aged items to Fund Accounting Manager
- Respond to client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in the audit process including preparation of fund financial statements
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Fund Accounting Supervisor should be flexible and willing to adapt. A Fund Accounting Supervisor should be capable of supervising up to 4 Fund Accountants and facilitate their ongoing development and that of the NAV team.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in hedge funds administration form is required
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree - minimum 2.2 honors degree
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge
- Reliable, Dependable and Approachable
- Ability to positively influence team morale, with demonstration of leadership skills
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.