Tax - Experienced Associate
Job Description & SummaryA career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You’ll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in business accounting, finance or economics is required;
- Certified Public Accountant, Enrolled Agent, Member of the Bar, Masters of Taxation or active pursuit of an aforementioned is preferred;
- A minimum of one year of relevant United States partnership and/or corporate tax experience is required;
- Compliance and consulting experience for investment partnerships including hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds is preferred.
EducationBachelor Degree - Accounting Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
CertificationsCertified Public Accountant (CPA) - American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (AICPA) (required)
Required SkillsTax Compliance, US Corporate Tax Compliance - International
Optional SkillsAsset Management, Hedge Fund Tax, Private Equity, Wealth Management
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.