EMEA Corporate Tax Manager / Senior Manager
- Work in the Tax department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
You will support senior tax team members to:
- Manage tax compliance, audits and reporting within UK and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), with specific responsibilities for the main UK operating legal entity.
- Prepare month-end and year-end tax provisions for inclusion in management and statutory accounts. Ensure tax is reconciled to the submitted returns and the general ledger.
- Build close relationships with local CFOs in various locations.
- Provide tax considerations to into key business decisions such as M&A transactions and internal transactions e.g. reorganisations, funding arrangements and corporate simplification.
- Lead post acquisition tax integration e.g. align policies, controls and processes.
- Lead and drive group tax projects and processes
- Manage group CIR calculations
- Drive innovation and process efficiency improvements
- Proactively monitor international tax legislative changes and assess impact on the business, propose plan of action to senior stakeholders
- Maintain the tax risk register
This is an excellent opportunity for a tax manager to join the EMEA tax department of a prestigious multi-national bank. The EMEA Tax Department is responsible for Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Business Unit Tax Advisory, US Tax Reporting and Global Tax Risk with offices in London, Glasgow, Frankfurt and Budapest. Members work closely across the EMEA region and with the NY and Asia offices. Also, with wider Finance, Treasury and Legal Departments.
The Firm Tax team oversees Corporate Tax compliance reporting and accounting in 25 jurisdictions across EMEA. The candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of companies and processes, both within the UK and across the EMEA region, and will lead / contribute to various strategic projects eg corporate restructuring, acquisitions, disposals, regulatory changes etc.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Proficient UK Corporation Tax compliance knowledge and experience
- ACCA/CIMA/CA or ATT/CTA qualifications
- UK Corporation tax work experience in Practice or Industry
- Desire to develop project management skills
- Worked in collaborative teams
- Ability and willingness to work with virtual teams across varying regions towards the achievement of common goals
- Aptitude for working in a swiftly changing, dynamic environment
- Excellent analytics, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to work proactively and be accountable
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and able to interact with stakeholders across countries and cultures
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work, controls and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). Experience of Alpha tax would be an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.