Consultant, Client Change (Business Analysis)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
Client Change Practice is a global group responsible for the management of significant client projects. The team operates globally in London, Chicago, Dublin, Limerick, Hong Kong, Bangalore and Australia, and covers a broad range of products and services across Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Custody and Investment Operations Outsourcing.
The Client Change Management group works closely with Clients, Client Implementations, Worldwide Technology, Operations, Relationship Management and Product to deliver effective change management from change initiation through to implementation and benefits realization. The group is responsible for program management, project management and client change as well as business consultancy and business analysis, brought about by strategic direction, client’s changes, industry regulations and/or operational efficiency directives.
This is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business with a significant pipeline of activity.
The individual must demonstrate a high-level analytical, consultative and decision making skill set as well as excellent client focus and proactively maintain and implement best practice policies and procedures within the function.
Project Implementation/ Execution
- Focusing on client-initiated projects of all types; defining, coordinating and delivering development and process enhancements according to agreed specifications and in accordance with the project lifecycle
- Work closely with Clients, Business Partners and Consultants to analyze, scope and document improvements following required SDLC/ BPLC guidelines
- Ensure all Business Requirement Documents are comprehensive and approved in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Draft and maintain project plans, governance decks, status reporting
- Effectively communicate with different business units at all levels when participating or leading projects
- Ensure project updates are routinely and effectively communicated to clients, business partners and vendors
- Maintain a general working knowledge of all Teams within business unit, applications utilized, and Partner areas that interface with the business unit and a detailed knowledge and understanding of the areas they are personally involved in
- Ensure all projects/ key milestones are delivered on a timely manner, within budget,
- Elicitation of client and business need through structured interviews and information gathering sessions. Document clearly defined business requirements and validation with the client and business partners with timely sign off, including clarity on agreed scope and items not in scope
- Traceability of requirements from scope through to User Acceptance Testin
- Liaison with business and technology partners (internal and external)
- Responsible for user test planning, execution of test scripts, defect resolution and implementation
- Consistently escalating issues, risks, progress to ensure appropriate and effective mitigation
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience
- 2 or more years of Business Analyst experience preferred
- Experience working within Asset Servicing/ Investment Management with detailed understanding of 1+ areas of the Business: Investment Operations Outsourcing, Transfer Agency, Custody, Fund Accounting preferred
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of investment management back and middle office functions, from trade processing and settlements through cash processing, income and corporate actions processing, data management, valuations, client reporting and performance
- Proven track record of participating in successful change programs successfully (both technical and business projects)
- Ability to establish, build and maintain strong and effective working relationships at all levels across the organization and also externally to clients
- Excellent interpersonal and consultancy skills
- Ability to document requirements to a granular and IT specific level, plan project resources and timeframes, manage IT and UAT resources to successful project completion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively to multiple competing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong MS Project skills, also MS word, Excel, MS Project PowerPoint, and MS SharePoint
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.