Senior Fund Accountant - Real Estate
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Senior Fund Accountant to join our Fund Administration team at our Chicago, IL, office.
- Supervise, mentor, and train a team of Associate and Fund Accountants;
- Develop leadership skills by demonstrating a willingness to lead projects and offer input;
- Respond to auditor queries;
- Communicate and interact with property manager(s) and client(s);
- Prepare/review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for clients, including financial information, performance returns, property operations, and variance analysis;
- Calculate and review various performance returns and provide comparisons to benchmarks;
- Review property budgets and help prepare the fund/account’s annual budget and business plan;
- Determine appropriate cash distributions considering property objectives and fund/account strategic plans;
- Prepare, review, analyze, and interpret accounting records, financial statements, footnotes, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards; and
- Review documents to ensure compliance with IM and JV agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- Minimum of 2 years of real estate accounting and analysis experience;
- Big 4 experience preferred;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment;
- Supervisory experience a plus;
- Experience in Yardi software a plus; and
- CPA desirable.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.