Oracle Financials System Accountant
Role: Oracle Financials Systems Accountant
Oracle Financials Systems Accountant responsible for ensuring the Oracle Financials system is fit for purpose in terms of accounting functionality and security, in line with best practices.
Reports To: Finance Reporting Centre of Excellence Controller
Location: Primark Finance Department is based in Dublin, hybrid working options available.
- Ensure controls are in place to protect the integrity of the key master data which is authored in Oracle Financial systems.
- Act as the liaison between the Finance team and our Support Partner which supply functional and DBA resources (based on-shore and off-shore) on day-to-day matters.
- Work closely with the different Finance teams and Technology to investigate and resolve system accounting issues covering like Period Close support, Journal Approval maintenance and Create Accounting job failures.
- Responsible for General Ledger Configuration including:
- Setup and maintenance of Flex Values, Attributes & Keys across our Chart of Accounts Segments including Business Units, GL Codes, Cost Centres, Locations and Projects
- Intervention to manage the creation and closure of CCIDs where necessary
- Maintenance of mappings between Primary & Secondary Ledgers.
- Set up Fixed Asset Calendars, Asset Books, Asset Categories and Asset Keys to support the Fixed Asset Team.
- Set up Cashflow Mappings and Bank Transaction Codes to support the Cash Management team
- Maintain an Action Log of changes applied to the system.
- Ensure relevant Policy and Procedure documents are reviewed and kept up to date.
- Process User Access requests ensuring they are consistent with our Segregation of Duties Matrix and conduct quarterly User Access Reviews to satisfy audit requirements.
- Work with Architects, System Integrators and others representing the Systems Accountancy functions when new projects are being implemented e.g. when new Legal Entities are set up.
- Provide input on matters relating to Oracle Financials as part of the change lifecycle process which is managed by our Change Approval Board.
- Represent the Systems Accountant function at the Chart of Accounts Review Forum.
- Act as the owner for Finance Hierarchy data by conducting relevant approvals following master data changes or to deliver new reporting requirements.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Oracle Financials experience with at least two years working in a Systems Accountant role with Master Data Management Unit responsibility is required.
- Ideally be a qualified accountant or a part-qualified accountant with a good working knowledge of the different areas of Finance.
- A knowledge of the Oracle Financials schema to underpin the generation of data extracts using SQL Developer.
- Web ADI setup and support knowledge.
- An understanding of how SQL Server Master Data Services works is desirable.
- AGIS setup and support knowledge desirable.
- A knowledge of Excel4Apps which is used for reporting and journal entry is desirable.
- A knowledge of More4Apps is desirable.
- A knowledge of ConfigSnapshot is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all corporate information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex issues in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.