Senior Internal Auditor
Overall Job Purpose
Responsible for undertaking a range of complex and specialist audits at client's sites, including financial risk management e.g. Governance, Product and Process audits, in accordance with our Internal Audit standards. Working as an individual, leading a team and delivering high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets.
- To understand the key risks identified by Management and the controls put in place to address those risks within each area of the Client’s Annual Audit Plan
- To manage, perform and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning programming, conduct and control of audit work and reporting findings
- To draft audit planning documents for approval / review by Client / Management
- Preparing draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards and within the SLA on allocated audits
- To lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, discipline and technical audit guidance
- To provide job training and guidance for auditors and training for more junior auditors
- To perform the audit of more complex and specialist areas
- To undertake review work in respect of significant findings
- To assist management in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget
- Assessment of performance of Team Members and provision of feedback
- To be aware of and advise management of any potential additional work opportunities at existing clients
- To participate in the firm’s appraisal and development process
- It is the duty of all employees to ensure they are familiar with and comply with all the firm’s policies e.g. health and safety etc.
- Any other duties as required by management
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity & Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Broad technical knowledge of Governance, Product and Process matters affecting financial institutions.
- Previous experience of working in a financial services environment.
- Ability to review and control technical content of work of others to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and Internal Audit Standards.
- To understand the range of additional services that the firm can provide to meet clients’ needs.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, IIA or ACT. Consideration will be given to those who are nearing completion of their qualification.
- Oral - able to express ideas and information with clarity and confidence, especially when communicating with clients.
- Good working relationship with clients to understand their needs and requirements.
- Relay appropriate and timely information in respect of assignments to others.
- Listening - demonstrate the ability to listen, evaluate and apply information gained.
- Written - prepare draft reports and technical working papers.
- Take responsibility for resolving issues by either dealing with it personally or referring upwards where required
- Take responsibility for self-development
- Be able to train, coach and develop team members and provide support to other staff as required
- Be pro-active and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, such as raising queries and challenging existing practices
- Ability to be flexible when managing inconsistent and varying workloads
- The post holder will be expected to travel to more local client's sites in their own time
- Frequent overnight stays away from home will be necessary
- Access to a car and full Driving Licence required
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.