Custody Tax, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
You will work within the Custody Tax Operations Team based in Dublin delivering investment tax related services for our clients mainly focused on managing tax reclaims, tax documentation and other client tax reporting deliverables. The role will involve a significant amount of contact with clients and other internal business groups within State Street.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Ensure the delivery of high quality tax services for Irish clients primarily focused on tax reclaims, relief at source and tax reporting deliverables
- Review tax rates in multiple markets across broad client base to ensure appropriate tax rates are set up in core systems
- Ensure the timely completion and review of client facing tax deliverables
- Deal with clients and internal business groups on ad-hoc tax queries
- Ensure business standards and client deadlines are met on a consistent basis
- Work on tax projects as directed by senior management
- Ensure operational processes are followed and appropriate controls in place to mitigate risk
- Work with global tax teams and operations groups at State Street
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to learn in detail a large number of processes, market and documentation nuances, and understand the reclaims systems
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and time management skills
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Ability to work proactively both on own initiative and as part of a team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to a BS degree in Accounting, Law, Tax, Finance, Business or a related field
- Strong knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office and exceptional knowledge of Excel preferred
- Ideally candidates will have over 3 years relevant experience within Taxation or Investment Funds environment
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.