UK Regulatory Change Controller Associate
The position is within the UK Regulatory Reporting team within Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), Bank of England and the Office of National Statistics. The reporting team within Regulatory Finance is split into two areas: the Capital Reporting team and the Financial Reporting team.
The UK Regulatory Reporting function is changing rapidly through external mandatory regulatory reporting requirements; greater business engagement internally (including new products and upstream system changes) and development of new reporting applications and tools.
The UK Regulatory Change Management team is responsible for leading the UK Reg strategic change agenda for UK Reg Reporting.
Job Title – UK Regulatory Change Controller (Op Model/ Project Manager)
We are looking for a candidate for the role of UK Regulatory Change Controller (Op Model/ Project Manager) to join the ’UK Regulatory Change’ team. A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Create Op Models for new Regulatory Reporting processes, ensuring all documentation and governance is completed with handover and sign off achieved
- Continuously monitor projects/Programs status, create and distribute the project scorecards and communicate impacts to Finance & other stakeholders
- Ownership, transparency and escalation of risks and issues when they occur on a timely basis
- Identify and implement improvement or efficiencies in processes when creating and documenting Op Models
- Ensure Project Discipline is adhered to
- Assist in the review and updates of live Op Models to ensure compliance and assist in any audit requirements
- Look for continued improvements in the Target Op Model with new practises or tools and inform/ assist other project teams with Op Model needs
- Adhere to deadlines, organize and prioritize work effectively working to flexible priorities
- Support project managers on specific projects in Regulatory Change
- Coordinate working group meetings, setting the agenda, preparing meeting materials, documenting minutes and ensuring clear ownership of action items
- Able to influence and motivate upward, downward and amongst stakeholders
- Involvement in the firms digitalisation agenda to improve and enhance current team processes
Experience - Required
- Strong track record of driving and delivering results
- Must possess sound knowledge in program/project management, Op Models and systems development methodology with demonstrated success at achieving results and keeping initiatives on track
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Good understanding of the Project Lifecycle
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Excel , MS Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Experience - Desirable
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Experience and knowledge on Agile methodology including the use of tools such as JIRA & Confluence
- Knowledge of UK Regulatory PRA/ FCA & BoE Reporting
- Change experience delivering Basel / Regulatory Reporting / CRD4 / CRD5/ COREP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong focus on client, quality and the control environment
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work under pressure
- Looking to develop leadership, influence and negotiation skills
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.