EMEA Liquidity Investment Funding Controller (AVP)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm?s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley?s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley?s various businesses and its senior management team.
Liquidity Investments & Funding Controllers (LIFC) are responsible for controlling and providing business support for Treasury and is part of the Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) organization. Within London, LIFC comprises of the following core groups: Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) Controllers, Global Cash Controllers and LIFC Initiatives Team.
An opportunity is open to lead the TCM Controllers team, where the team provides business support, analysis and has ownership of key Treasury related financial information on behalf of Corporate Treasury. The team is responsible for analyzing and attributing funding costs to the Business Units to help incentivize optimal trading behavior and decisions. TCM Controllers? primary client is Corporate Treasury but also interact closely with Legal Entity Controllers (LEC), Tax, Accounting Policy, Management Reporting team, Global Product Controllers (GPC), Bank Resource Management (BRM) Controllers, Business Units, Cash Management and Finance IT. The role provides an excellent opportunity into Morgan Stanley?s core businesses and Balance Sheet with exposure to all products traded. Globally Treasury Balance Sheet is ~$300bn and allocates ~$4bn of net P&L to the Business Units per annum.
An opportunity has arisen at the Director level within the EMEA TCM Controller team, providing support and coverage across all the different aspects of the Treasury Controller function.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work closely with the Treasury function, associated products & control processes (daily, weekly, monthly P&L and Balance Sheet controls), a well as analyzing and understanding complex accounting & booking models, material legal entity reporting & analytics and participate as an SME in Treasury initiatives and LIFC renovation programs.
The EMEA TCM Controller team is managed by a VP and consists of 2 Directors (including this one) and 1 Associate. The team work very closely with the Global Inhouse Centre location in Mumbai, where there is a team of 10 supporting the EMEA TCM Controller function.
The role has great breadth and provides an opportunity for cross regional interaction across Mumbai, Hong Kong, Japan, New York and Baltimore LIFC Controller groups and cross divisional interaction across Legal Entity Controllers (LEC), Tax, Accounting Policy, Management Reporting team, Global Product Controllers (GPC), Bank Resource Management (BRM) Controllers, Cash Management and Finance IT.
The role will include the following involvement and responsibilities:
- Review of the daily P&L for EMEA TCM desk, working closely with Mumbai and providing Hub sign off, SME advice, and desk liaison as required
- Assist with the review and commentary for weekly and monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reporting packs for major UK broker dealer and Brexit entities
- Key Partner for London and European Treasury Desks, assisting with desk requests, NPAs and funding restructures
- Hub SME for Treasury Transfer Pricing process, ensuring accurate monthly calculation and reporting, as well as liaising with TP Controllers, Tax, Management Reporting and LECs on ad-hoc, enhancements and queries
- Review of Legal Entity Unsecured Funding Residual reporting process, assisting Mumbai with production ad-hoc and deep dives as required
- Production and analytical review of annual ICAAP UK Group Treasury P&L forecast and allocations to business units, working closely with Corporate Treasury and ISG Reporting
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of underlying TCM products, processes and accounting
- SME working closely with project team on Treasury initiatives and controller renovation, such as enhanced reporting around BU FTP charges and automation of existing reporting
- This is not an exhaustive list of tasks, and responsibilities may change in line with the team and business needs.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong sense of urgency
- Strong communicator with ability to build effective relationships with multiple stakeholders of different levels
- Ability to critically evaluate processes and controls and make suggestions for improvement
- Ability to plan and execute against tight timeframes
- Experience of dealing with teams in offshore locations
- Qualified with relevant Professional Qualification (i.e., Accounting or CFA).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.