Senior Manager, National Tax Services (US Corporate Tax)
DescriptionInspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our National Tax Services Group as a Senior Manager (US Corporate Tax). This diverse team of professionals provides best-in-class industry and technical expertise to internally drive the success of our Tax practice. As a trusted advisor, you’ll work internally to support the delivery of tax services, the development and coordination of key training programs and materials and the communication of tax matters.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Oversee the development of US Corporate Tax internal training materials and practice aids to support the implementation of MNP’s learning and development needs
- Facilitate and assist with firm-wide US Corporate Tax learning & development events as needed
- Contribute to thought leadership content by conducting research and keeping up to date with the latest changes in local tax legislation as well as drafting internal and external tax publications for MNP
- Develop and maintain processes and tools for use by all US Corporate Tax team members in the delivery of US tax services to our clients
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Working towards or possesses a master’s degree in U.S. Taxation or Law or Member of the Bar is considered an asset
- 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or tax consulting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working in U.S. Corporate Tax
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience preparing and reviewing U.S. tax compliance and implementation of tax reorganizations
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as CaseWare and GoSystem
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven technical writing and research skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management abilities
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.