Assurance - Audit Manager - UK-wide
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. We’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of clients.
As an auditor at EY, you will provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play a meaningful role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture. In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
We are expanding our Audit teams across the UK with vacancies in: Aberdeen; Belfast; Birmingham; Bristol; Cambridge; Edinburgh; Glasgow; Hull; Leeds; Liverpool; London; Luton; Manchester; Newcastle; Reading; Southampton.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients.
- Effectively managing the audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions.
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible.
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends.
- Coaching junior colleagues through sharing your knowledge and experience.
Skills and attributes for success
Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience leading planning, execution and reporting of external audits in a managerial capacity
- Fully qualified as a chartered accountant e.g. ACA / ACCA / CA / ICAS / ICAEW or international equivalent
- Financial services or non-financial services industry exposure
- Project management and team leadership experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Banking; Capital Markets; Insurance; Wealth Management; Asset Management; Pensions; Pharmaceutical; Retail; Automotive; Transportation; Manufacturing; Real Estate; Hospitality; Construction; Energy; Media; Technology; Telecom, Government & Public Sector; Oil, Gas & Utilities.
- Knowledge of current market issues in the UK
- Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS
- Expertise using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- An application and solution-based approach to problem solving
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a collaborative approach to management
What we look for
We’re interested in people with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so we look for people who will take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.