SSC Senior Associate - Senior Outsourcing Team Leader
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Shared Service Centre team (SSC) provides essential support to a number of teams across our firm. As well as assisting on large-scale operations, beyond the capacity of a core specialist team, they provide the unparalleled expertise we need to keep moving forward. As part of this friendly department, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and develop your skillset. There’s real opportunity, making it a great chance to use industry knowledge and experience to solve problems in your next career step, or it can be a place to learn if you’re just starting out. If you want to work on important projects and explore your potential, we’ll give you the friendly, supportive working environment to go far.
We’ll help you succeed
The main responsibilities for a Senior Associate is to oversee a large sub team of BSO, maintain stakeholder relationships and promote growth. As a senior associate you will be a senior team leader and will monitor team performance and ensure deadlines are met. You will drive continuous improvement and maintain exceptional quality. Ultimately you will provide a flexible, efficient, high quality outsourcing service which is tailor-made to suit both the clients and the stakeholders needs.
- Be confident in leading a team that support regional client facing outsourcing teams with bookkeeping, management accounts, VAT Returns and other outsourcing processes
- Ensure work load is managed efficiently and effectively. Delivery of workload is timely and to an exceptional standard
- Promote culture of team and individual development and growth
- Support team leaders and team members and act as a point of escalation for them and client teams in all areas (quality, deadlines, utilisation etc) responding timely to requests, resolving issues and building strong working relationships
- Monitor team/individual performance through MI reporting
- Be confident in continuously developing MI
- Manage people performance; conduct monthly performance reviews, annual/interim performance appraisals, performance management plans and assist with objective setting
- Introduce and develop new ways of working
- Drive forward standardising process to create process efficiencies
- Implement/maintain a culture of continuous improvement
- Practical experience in outsourcing is essential
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
Skills and Experience required:
- ACCA Part Qualified or equivalent degree / professional qualification beneficial
- Demonstrate management/team leader experience in an outsourcing environment
- Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate
- Energised, enthusiastic and results orientated
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have excellent double entry accounting knowledge and management accounts preparation experience
- Extensive experience in a similar role and experience with people and performance management
- Good stakeholder management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience in using desktop and/or cloud accounting packages
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft packages
- Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise/complete tasks
- Ability to work well in a team environment, use own initiative and take a flexible approach
- Practical experience in insolvency and/or treasury is essential
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.