Overall Job Purpose
To assist Credit Controllers, Partners, and portfolio holders in the prompt collection of the firm’s debts, processing accounting data efficiently, and helping ensure that internal and external clients receive a quality service in all respects.
To keep Line Manager informed of the status of work, any exceptions to policy and of any problems encountered.
Undertake training in all areas of Credit Control, including but not limited to the responsibilities below:
- Building relationships with internal and external clients to facilitate settlement of outstanding bills in line with terms of business
- Dealing with, escalating and managing queries raised by clients through to conclusion
- Regular meetings and calls with Partners, portfolio holders and other stakeholders to agree actions and responsibilities
- Daily maintenance and noting of debtor’s ledger
- Checking and issuing of monthly statements and reminder letters
- Ensuring accurate classification of clients within the practice management system
- Monthly debtor provisioning in line with policy
- Cash management; maximising collections, arranging refunds, transferring and reallocating
- Ensuring that the monthly client Stop list is noted in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting the preparation of month-end tasks and delivery of reports
- General housekeeping duties
- Assisting as may be required within Credit Control and NFO including specific projects as directed
Personal and professional qualities
- Experience and skills
- A good general standard of education
- Previous experience working within a Credit Control department is preferred but not essential
- Professional and articulate, reliable and motivated
- Comfortable working with people at all levels within the organisation
- Willingness to travel including some overnight stays
- Confident telephone manner
- Methodical, organised and accurate with ability to adhere to strict deadlines IT Literate
- Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience of working within the Public Sector is preferred but not essential
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.