Head of Finance #723
Head of Finance #723
Our partner supports mothers in communities in East & West Africa in providing early childhood care and development to their children. They are seeking a Head of Finance to see them through am ambitious programme of growth, as they look to scale their programme with government support and endorsement in one country.
- Oversight of the controls, systems, policies and procedures – ensuring that these are robust, and continually reviewing and strengthening them. Ensuring that the organisation is compliant with tax, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Lead on the development of the annual organisational budget, cashflow forecasts and reforecasts.
- Support the leadership team in developing the organisation’s strategy, covering growth, funding, staff and resourcing requirements; developing cost models and undertaking analyses; and advising on cost efficiencies and value for money.
- Support in the development of the organisation’s financial sustainability, this includes considering alternate forms of funding, outside of grants income.
- Lead in the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, and in monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Act as a finance business partner to non-finance teams, ensuring that they have the financial resources to deliver programmes and other strategic goals; and the tools and understanding to monitor their expenditure against budget.
- Act as a finance business partner to the programmes team, supporting them in strengthening the financial management & monitoring, and the procurement policies of local implementing partners.
- Grants management – leading on budget proposal development, developing controls & monitoring processes, and compiling grants reports and preparing for donor audits.
- Treasury management.
- Management of finance staff in the UK and in country offices overseas.
- Support the HR team.
- Qualified accountant, with demonstrable experience of financial management, providing accounting & financial oversight and maintaining strong financial controls, and in supporting strategic decision making within an organisation.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling experience; advanced MSExcel skills.
- Experience of charity accounting, including accounting for grants is strongly desirable, but not essential.
- Strong business partner, able to work with a range of staff and internal and external stakeholders, both finance and non-finance. Ability to explain financial information simply and succinctly to non finance staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership skills, with experience of managing and developing people.
- Strong interest in international development, and in the work of the organisation.
- Willing to travel overseas
This role is only open to candidate who ae UK-based, and have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship. This is a remote role, with travel to the African countries in which the programmes are delivered.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.