Associate Consultant, Client Solutions FOS x2 - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Front office solutions
Front Office Solutions is a new strategic business for Northern Trust that provides a holistic digital+ service offering for some of the most sophisticated institutional investors across the globe, including foundations, endowments, pension funds, corporations, insurance companies, and sovereign wealth funds. As asset owners engage in more complex, data-driven investment approaches to asset allocation, their operational needs and demands for high quality data have skyrocketed. Front Office Solutions provides a holistic, full-service, multi-asset solution that aims to empower in-house investment teams and support their important mission by providing a more comprehensive set of operational services and analytics including portfolio management, investment decision support, operational risk management, CRM/document management and workflow tools
Under general supervision, the Associate Consultant supported by a team of Client Solutions partners will be responsible for investment data management that will provide clients with the holistic data sets they need to fulfil their various stakeholder requirements. The Associate Consultant will assist in researching solutions for data challenges for institutional clients.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Acts as daily point of contact for operational client queries including accounting and general operational queries.
- Acts as point of initial entry for all investment data. Includes entry of (but not limited to):
- Investment transactions
- Investment valuations
- Manager estimates
- Plan income / Expense items
- Plan contributions / Spending withdrawals
- Underlying manager exposure data
- Benchmark data
- Supports preparation investment reconciliations including cash, positions, performance, transactions, alternative investment metrics (unfunded commitment, etc.).
- Responsible for initial review of NAV, allocation and underlying client performance for alternative investments.
- Assists in training new FOS partners in the accounting and operational space.
- Supports client onboarding including initial client discovery sessions, project planning, setting client expectations and facilitating continuous client updates throughout the onboarding process.
- Participates in on-going process improvement discussions
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
Required knowledge & skills:
- Experience working with complex asset owners in one or more of the following fields:
- Performance measurement (attribution, liquidity, and exposures)
- Alternative asset or private equity operations
- Investment operations (fund or investment accounting)
- Experience working with complex asset owners including Endowments, Foundations, Family Offices, OCIOs, Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds, and institutional asset managers.
- Knowledge of the investment industry, including markets and instruments.
- Basic investment concepts knowledge: IRR, time-weighted return, NAVs, accruals, etc.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Suite (Excel, SharePoint), with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Understanding of instances when performance issues need to be escalated to a supervisor.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under deadlines.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Functional /industry knowledge of and experience with complex asset allocators such as endowments, foundations, family offices, institutional asset managers, pension funds or sovereign wealth funds.
- Prior experience with multi-asset class portfolio management software.
- Experience using VBA, Python or other programming language to format large data sets.
- Ability to execute on independent tasks and responsibilities.
- College or University degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or a related field.
- Interest in pursuing advanced professional credentials (CFA, CIPM, CAIA, CPA, MBA) preferred
- Genuine desire and capability to work in a fast-paced, professional, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, frequent re-prioritization, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement and best practices.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work life balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.