GD Simplification - Process Reengineer, Vice President
Locations: North Quincy, Massachusetts, Newport Beach, California, Los Angeles, California, Alameda, California, Austin, Texas, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, Burlington Massachusetts, Miami, Berwyn, Pennsylvania, Charlotte, North Carolina, New York, New York, Detroit, Michigan, Princeton, New Jersey, Clifton, New Jersey, Durham, North Carolina, Hadley, Massachusetts, Kansas City, Missouri, Grafton, Massachusetts, Jersey City, New Jersey, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts, San Francisco, California, Westboro, Massacusetts, Sacramento, California, Redwood City, California, Secaucus NJ
Who we are looking for
This role will support the new Global Delivery Simplification Program focused on automation of processes within the Transaction Management team. As a Process Re-engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the researching, analyzing and documenting current and future state processes. You will interact with internal teams such as Business, IT and Client Service/Relationship. Strong leadership and experience within Global Delivery or Client Service/Relationship is required for this role. This role is being posted in Quincy but candidates in any global office are welcome to apply.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Process Re-Engineer, Vice President, you will
- Drive the strategy of our multi-year transformation program by researching, analyzing, and modernizing the ways that clients send financial data to State Street
- Create new ways to analyze data across a base of 2000+ custody clients to monitor and track manual activity
- Dive deep into clients’ current activity to fully understand the current methods of communication and required outcomes, partnering with operations teams to create a complete view of current state
- Partner with technology and operations teams to deliver solutions that can support 100% of the outcomes required by our client base, including:
- Process mapping
- Current vs Future State & Gap analysis
- Deployment / flight plan creation
- Work with multiple Agile Product Owners to deliver requirements that can be turned into actionable, valuable stories that align with project roadmap and deliverables
- Create client and product-specific data sets that will allow digitization of currently manual financial transactions
- Engage with and influence clients and client teams globally to obtain changes required to support data modernization, partnering with senior leadership in client service to deliver rapid adoption across entire client segments
- Manage and prioritize existing and new automation demand to deliver maximum value for all stakeholders
- Design and implement demand management and production support models for new and existing automation tools as part of the Central Ingestion Strategy project
- Create and manage reporting for all aspects of project, including metrics, program status, and client-specific activity
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage large, complex projects throughout the project life cycle and manage project teams on tight time frames
- Ability to manage through complex issues and realign priorities and deliverables to ensure milestones and targets are achieved
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to work across global SSC business lines
- Strong prioritization management and resource management skills
- Expertise with project management methodology and tools and experienced with budget and cost tracking
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years’ financial services experience, custody and fund accounting experience preferred
- Bachelors degree required, PMP certification preferred
- Expertise with a variety of financial products, including securities, cash, repurchase agreements, foreign exchange, and derivatives
- Strong PC skills, including MS Office applications and project scheduling and flowcharting software
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.