Investment Performance Consultant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
General paragraph to outline team and role
Investment Risk and Analytical Services (IRAS) provides Investment Performance and Risk Measurement reporting and analysis, Compliance Guideline Monitoring, and Private Markets reporting and analysis across the Corporate pension funds, Public Funds, Foundations and Endowments, Wealth Management, Global Family Office, Sovereign Wealth Funds and Investment Management client segments. IRAS utilizes a suite of both proprietary and vendor reporting applications to deliver a broad range of investment analysis from rates of return and attribution analysis to risk modelling and guideline monitoring. This analysis supports the end-to-end investment management process through the planning, monitoring, measurement and evaluation stages. IRAS works in tandem with multiple operational and client service focused groups across Northern Trust.
The IRAS Consultant uses specific knowledge of the investment analytics and client-servicing disciplines to achieve goals through own work. Has specific knowledge and expertise in financial markets and financial concepts, typically gained through formal education and equivalent experience. Uses expertise to provide guidance to others as a project manager or consultant. Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines. Solves complex problems. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Leads projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Solves complex problems
- Takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of client, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams
- Identifies and implements process improvements
- Works within broad guidelines and policies
- Independently manages client relationships of varying complexity (independently evaluating and responding to client inquiries, determining service requirements, providing training, producing client reporting, and helping clients interpret financial metrics to understand the impact of their investment decisions)
- Regularly Interfaces with senior staff at Northern Trust and/or client offices (CIOs, Treasurers, Directors of Investments), without (or with minimal) oversight
- Provides leadership to internal IRAS, operations, and client servicing partners to problem solve client issues and requests
- Provides data quality oversight, assistance with prioritization of work, and mentorship to less tenured team members
- Leads client projects and provides solutions to client requests
- Assists management with strategic projects and initiatives
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Experience within a performance and risk function, with proven client facing exposure. Knowledge of Dutch regulatory reporting (FTK) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets, investment instruments and portfolio management
- Is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- May lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, finance, technology or related field
- Successful relevant work experience in investment analysis or trust-investment related background, investments operations, client-servicing, or transferable experience from a related field
- Interest in, or progress towards advanced degree, CFA, CIPM, CAIA or other investments-related professional designation is a plus
- Prior client-servicing or sales experience required
- Effective organizational, written, and verbal client servicing skills. Dutch language required
- Time management and multi-tasking skills. Good team player
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.