Finance and Controlling Lead
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
As Finance & Controlling Leader, you will be responsible for :
- Leading the BU finance & controlling team in all its aspects
- Coaching and developing the BU finance & controlling team members
- Organizing of finance operations and controlling activities of the FA BU, including regular reporting to the FA BU Operations Committee
- Implementation of improvement initiatives and adoption of (local/global) systems
- Generally act as business partner and support strategic decisions and initiatives
You will report to the BU Managing Partner and the Deloitte Belgium CFO.
BU finance operations is led by an experienced finance operations manager and includes following activities:
- Project / contracting opening (in close collaboration with quality & risk)
- WIP/revenue recognition
- Billing and receivables
- Preparation of monthly management reporting/dashboards per service line
- Monthly BU reporting to Deloitte Belgium CFO
BU controlling includes the following responsibilities:
- Month-end and year-end closing
- Perform analysis of project and service line performance
- Drive budgeting and forecasting processes
- Monitor cash and working capital and initiate appropriate actions
- Monitoring and controlling of non-chargeable costs
- Ensure ad-hoc reports to management are timely and correctly generated as and when needed
- Ensure financial policies are applied within the practice, adapt policies to changing environment if required
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Maintain quality, integrity and consistency in all financial activities
Let’s talk about you
- Min 5 years’ experience in financial controlling
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration or equivalent
- Forward-thinking, committed to finding solutions to problems, constantly improving processes and proactively looking for new opportunities to strengthen business operation
- High level analytical skills
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively
- Team-oriented leader
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of Dutch and/or French
- Working knowledge of MS Office, data visualization solutions (such as PowerBI, Qlik and/or Tableau) and SAP
This is your opportunity to join our Deloitte Financial Advisory team. We are the global leader in integrated M&A Services. By cooperation between various specialists in M&A Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Value Creation/Growth & Turnaround, Restructuring, M&A Tax and Consulting, Deloitte provides integrated solutions for every transaction process. We define and execute growth strategies for our clients and guide them through every stage of a transaction, so they achieve their aspirations.
You will be part of the Business Management Team that supports our business in its day-to-day activities. Work hard & play hard is part of our DNA. We are service-minded and work hard together as one team. We believe having fun is one of our assets in achieving our goal. Do you want to go the extra mile with us and have fun while doing so?
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+5000 dedicated professionals, active in +10 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energises you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime
Join us to make an impact together!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.